My heart leaps up when I behold a rainbow in the sky.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Devil's Touch


I screamed for help. I could not bear the suffocating dark & unendurable silence creeping over me. There was not a single ray of light. I was too scared to make a move. I hoped for someone to blow his magic wind to help me to get my way to life.

My voice clogged…I couldn’t stand up to take a step forward. Right then I felt he was there…I felt my blood warming up. I could hear ‘Thud Thud’ of my heart. He was leaning forward me. His smell dazzled me. He held my face up between his freezing hands. Only that moment I realized I was actually trembling in fear.

Few drops of hot stream run out of my eyes & start rolling down my cheek…I couldn’t utter a word. I listened to the sound of his breathing. I felt his face was just inches from mine. He was scared too! He slowly rested his head over my frail shoulder. And as I tried to hold his hand, suddenly he pulled himself back. I could feel him flinching. I had no power to make him stop. Time went by…I couldn’t hear his sound. I searched for his smell…he was gone!

I sat in dark… left alone to fight with my vulnerability.

And that was it. I woke up from my nightmare. But my heart was still running at faster rate. I wiped out the water drops appeared at my temple. I sighed, it was just a dream!

3 comments:

Sohamray86 said...

simply awesum...vry touchy..

Mangal said...

at once I scuffled a bit, the very next moment was of clarity & perception.. Very good usage of words and picturesque imagery makes this post even more delightful read.. keep rollin'

Ms. A said...

thanks a lot!